PHASE 3 CONTINUE YOUR REHABILITATION WITH YOUR LONG TERM HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IN MIND
Old Town Athletic Campus is proud to be an affiliate of Fauquier Health and provide Phase 3 Cardiac, Pulmonary, Physical Therapy Rehabilitation and assist you in achieving your health and fitness goals.
The following information will provide you with general information for Phase 3 programming and continued exercise.
GOALS OF PHASE 3
• Hone in breathing cues (PR)
• Find the appropriate RPE spot to work out and regulate breathing (PR)
• Gradually increase exercise intensity to improve heart health (CR)
• Establish a consistent work-out routine and schedule to carry on during and after Phase 3
• Improve overall quality of life
• Explore diversity and variety in exercise routines to help find activities that are enjoyable.
THE CONTINUED BENEFITS OF EXERCISING
• Physical and mental health
• Reduces the chance of recurrence of ailments and disease
• Creates more independence and the opportunity to enjoy normal activities with ease
“Having been an avid runner for over 25 years, I never expected to find myself in a cardiac rehab program. That was the whole point of running right?! But after a mild heart attack and the insertion of a stent, there I was. So, after rehab, I decided to remain a member of the gym even though I had never been drawn to exercising indoors. Over the next four years, I came in about 3 times a week for weight training and some cardio. Then in late fall 2020, I noticed my pace on the elliptical was dropping. It was as if I had the flu, but I was not sick. Or so I thought. One morning, after pushing some snow, I was incredibly winded. I thought about my decreasing numbers at the gym and decided to go see my doctor. Long story short, and to everyone’s surprise, I went back to the hospital for a quadruple bypass with one artery having 99% blockage. All my medical numbers – blood pressure, cholesterol – looked good. The only number that told a different story was the one on the elliptical machine at the gym. Needless to say, after my second round of Cardiac Rehab, I am even more committed to being a regular at OTAC. It has become a bit of a haven where I can release some of the stresses of life. The staff have been helpful and encouraging in crafting a workout plan to get me and keep me in a good place. I am using machines to maintain strength and others of course to watch my cardio numbers. I really enjoy the stair climber which is good for my heart and for my love of hiking. Thanks OTAC for providing an encouraging place to sustain and build a healthier version of myself.”
– Mike, P.
WHAT YOUR PROGRAM OFFERS
• 1 FREE month of membership at OTAC including independent exercise (OTAC Iron) and group fitness classes (OTAC Spark)
• 1 FREE Equipment Orientation and program design
• 1 time option to purchase a 5 pack of Personal Training at a 25% discount
PHASE 3 GRADUATES RECEIVE 10% OFF 12 MONTH MEMBERSHIPS!
Contact Katie Cox, OTAC’s Exercise Physiologist and Director of Senior Wellness to schedule an appointment to get started.